Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month at 09:00.
Business Strategy Group Members
Liana Brien, NatWest (Joint Interim Chair)
Emily Wilkinson, Social You (Joint Interim Chair)
Lisa Armstrong, Active Staff
Gerry Dawson, Choices Event Hire
Liz Dawson, Choices Event Hire (Secretary)
Gerald Dodson, Stockbridge Business Association
Joe Faretra, Museum of Army Flying
David Gleave, Test Valley Borough Council
Suzanne Grant, Andover College and Sparsholt College
Paul Howe, Venture Security Management
Sarah Robinson, Oaktree Business Management
Peter Speirs, Romsey Chamber Of Commerce & Industry
Rob Targett, Fusion Office
Wednesday 3rd July 2019 at 9.00am – Army Flying Museum, Middle Wallop.
Wednesday 4th September 2019 at 9.00am – VENUE TO BE CONFIRMED. This will also be the Business Strategy Group Annual General Meeting
Wednesday 2nd October 2019 at 9.00am – VENUE TO BE CONFIRMED
Wednesday 6th November 2019 at 9.00am – VENUE TO BE CONFIRMED
Wednesday 4th December 2019 at 9.00am – VENUE TO BE CONFIRMED
Tel: 01256 338476
Terms of Reference
- To meet monthly or bi-monthly to discuss business issues and agree items for actions.
- Meeting to take place with no less than 50% of the Committee membership present as a quorum.
- To receive presentations from organisations, companies, and stakeholders on developments, projects and initiatives that require support or action of the Committee – which should include active engagement and information exchange with local planning authorities, local authorities and city council(s), if furtherance of the Chamber’s aim of ensuring that the voice of business is heard in local decisions
- To proactively engage with the local media and to ensure that items of business significance are identified, reviewed and commented on by the Chamber in the local area – thereby reinforcing the importance of Chamber membership to local businesses
- To review the area membership base (joiners, leavers, membership type) and to seek to engage with Hampshire Chamber initiatives to grow the membership on a sustainable basis – including engagement with the Membership Manager to design and implement membership campaigns that are appropriate for the local business community
- To reinforce channels of communication with existing members (including events) and to demonstrate the value of the Chamber for local businesses, thereby contributing to improved retention
- To discuss key items of local, regional and national significance including policy and representation; and agree actions including formal Committee responses.
- To represent the views of the Chamber via appropriate board/committee membership of other local business organisations, ie. Business Improvement District, LEPs
- To receive, via the Chair, briefings on key matters discussed and considered by the Hampshire Chamber Board, thereby ensuring an understanding of the direction and focus of the Chamber in the region
- To receive brief reports on Chamber events, membership and governance that requires a Committee viewpoint.
- To ensure that a “local plan” is agreed within the Committee to identify key areas of annual focus for the Area Committee – including measurable targets for achievement
- To endeavour to ensure the Committee is representative of all business sectors.
- To call an Annual General Meeting, appointing a Chair and Vice Chair and appoint any other positions deemed appropriate.