18 March 2020
Time 09:30 - 16:00
Projects… they’re everywhere, and we’re managing them all the time – even when we don’t realise we are. In most organisations, our projects are gaining in complexity, and we’re reaching the point at which enthusiasm and dedication are no longer enough; it’s time to investigate how we do this stuff properly! A considered, structured approach to project management is the best way to give your projects the best possible chance of success.
This interactive, one-day workshop provides an overview of some key project management themes and techniques and gives an insight into how modern project management fits together. As an entry level course, it is an ideal ‘dip a toe in the water’ event for individuals & organisations that have realised they need to invest in some formal project management skills & knowledge.
The trainer, Dave Tyler, is a seasoned veteran: he’s spent 25 years delivering large projects across a range of industries, in both the public and private sector. As ‘a real project manager, managing real projects, for real clients’, Dave overlays text book theory with real life examples and War Stories from his own, extensive delivery portfolio.
You will learn
• What is “a project” and what isn’t
• What we mean by Project Management, and why we do it
• The components of a project we need to manage (time, cost, risk, etc)
• Typical project management team roles & influences
• Why we need to care about Scope & Dependencies
• How to identify stakeholders and work how to deal with them
• The basics of planning, executing, controlling & monitoring projects
• Modern project management – Waterfall vs Agile
• Next steps?
Who is this suitable for?
• Individuals looking to work in a project focused role, or considering a career in Project Management;
• Organisations looking to better understand the value of a project management methodology, to improve their own processes and approaches;
• Those working in project management environments and wondering if they should invest formal training and certification;
• Businesses that are dealing with “project focussed” suppliers or customers and that wish to understand terms and concepts, so they can communicate with a common language.
This course will be facilitated by Dave Tyler from Shore PMS.
Dave Tyler has worked in project management for over 20 years. As a trainer and consultant that also delivers ‘real projects, for real clients, in the real world’ Dave’s training style is to overlay classroom theory with current and relevant experiences from the corporate workplace. Dave has spent time in both public and private sector environments, working with a wide range of organisations and industries including the Ministry of Defence, Estee Lauder, NATS, Raytheon, HP, The Pensions Regulator and Capita PLC. Training is provided by Shore Project Management Services. Full details can be found on their webiste.
For more details or to book please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01329 242420.
The Chamber operates a strict 7 working day cancellation policy. All cancellations must be notified in writing within the required period to qualify for a refund. You may however substitute names up to 24 hours prior to the event.
Costs to members: £99 + vat
Costs: Non-Members - £150 + vat
Location: Ground Floor, Wates House, Wallington Hill, Fareham, Hampshire, PO16 7BJ