5 February 2020
The WellBiz Academy, helping you make the leap
Time - 09:30 - 12:30
Starting a new business is far from plain sailing! It involves changing your direction, understanding your personal goals, building new networks and bringing those closest to you on this demanding journey. It will draw on your deepest well of energy, time, commitment and skills.
Supporting you in these goals Hampshire Chamber of Commerce has launched the WellBizAcademy as a dedicated community of learning and support. Working with others experiencing the same challenges you will explore your personal goals, business ambitions, obstacles to success and how to build effective stepping stones for positive results. The Academy goes beyond the usual ‘how-to’ training solutions, but explores insights, experiences and motivation, providing a safe environment for honest discussion.
You get beneath the surface of your ambitions; where you are on the journey; what you really want; and how you could measure your outcomes. It recognises that new business ventures start with you and you are essential to its performance. Len Goss, lead developer of the WellBizAcademy explains: “The Academy is responsive to the needs of the group. This approach encourages delegates to think about how solutions will directly relate back to their needs.’’
The Academy builds solidly on the experiences of a previous group of start-up entrepreneurs supported by Hampshire Chamber. Known as the ‘Silver Academy’ it helped share the ups and downs of developing a new enterprise and to this day many members continue to meet up.
The WellBizAcademy aims to build your self-confidence, self-determination, and initiative; with the goal of gaining new insights, discovering your enterprising-self and addressing challenges of isolation as you take forward your business venture.
The WellBizAcademy is supported through:
• Expert facilitation of the workshops and group
• Workshop sessions staged at regular intervals
• On-demand short breakout groups on variety of subjects
• Facilitated action learning sessions
• Mentoring by fellow members of the network
• Business clinics with volunteer business mentors
• An active on-line community of learning and practice
Delegates benefit from:
• understanding healthy leadership cultures
• addressing change as a positive opportunity
• identifying impacts on personal performance
• developing isolation coping mechanisms
• your self-awareness as an entrepreneur
• clear stepping stones to ongoing success
• winning through the post start-up stages
• participation in the community of practice
• delivering defined measurable actions
Who will benefit?
Those moving into self-employment and start-up; and those experiencing post start-up challenges. In all cases those whose personal journey can often seem steep and under supported.
4 x half-day sessions
Sessions dates - 5th February - 18th February - 10th March & 31st March.
Facilitator - Len Goss
Len combines 30 years’ experience in business coaching with his own life coaching practice to produce a unique, creative and holistic approach to the way he helps the Academy participants. His passion is to enable people to create a better life for themselves at work and at home with a focus on helping them start and make a success of their own business.
To book a place on this course please contact email@example.com
Costs to members: £190 + vat
Costs: Non-Members - £240 + vat
Location: Ground Floor, Wates House, Wallington Hill, Fareham, Hampshire, PO16 7BJ