14 November 2019
The aim of this programme is to provide all participants with the skills to deliver a clear, concise and memorable presentation, which achieves a desired objective.
Speaking in public and delivering effective presentations is a essential skill not only in business but life in general. For many of us the thought of presenting and speaking in public fills us with dread. Often our response is to leap into PowerPoint throw our thoughts into it and then read to our audience and hope that it is interesting! Public speaking and presenting is as much more about a creative process and performance as it is about the technicalities of tools like PowerPoint. This highly interactive 1-day programme breaks public speaking and presentations into 3 simple steps.
During the programme you will explore the following topics:
• The 3 keys to delivering effective presentation
• Planning the presentation:
• Setting the objective and thinking about the audience
• Planning and getting started
• Structuring the content to influence and persuade
• Opening and closing powerfully
• Presenting technical information in an interesting and memorable way
• Preparing and using visual aids and props
• Presenting yourself:
• Using your voice: pitch, speed, volume, pauses
• The words you use: positive words and phrases, the power of 3s
• Body language: eye contact, stance, gestures
• Overcoming nerves: tips and techniques
• Stage management: 'home position', equipment and props
• Keeping the audience interested
• Use of Notes
• Handling an audience, and dealing with questions and difficult situations
The program gives each of the participant the skills to deliver effective presentations. During programme participants will deliver a number of presentations and/or speeches. This allows the opportunity to practice presentations and public speaking in a realistic and safe environment.
All presentations are recorded in order to allow feed back verbal and written to be given to participants in order to improve and an enhance their public speaking skills. Hence the number of participants on the course is limited to 9 in order to allow participants the maximum opportunity to practice.
All presentations are recorded and participants keep their video presentations
This is a full day course starting at 09:30 and finishing at around 16:00. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
This training course will be delivered by David Joel. David is a professionally qualified, Chartered Company Director. He is a qualified physicist with 22 years in the engineering and technology sectors and 10 years in the services and facilities management sector mostly at board level.
In 2001 David qualified with a Diploma in Company Direction from The Institute of Directors. In 2002, David, founded a management and training business. He became a Chartered Director in 2003.
David works with the Institute of Directors delivering The Finance for non-Financial Directors programme and the Directors Role in leadership as part of the Certificate and Diploma in Company Direction with experience in both public and private sector organisations.
For more details or to book please email email@example.com or call 01329 242420.
The Chamber operates a strict 7 working day cancellation policy. All cancellations must be notified in writing within the required period to qualify for a refund. You may however substitute names up to 24 hours prior to the event.
Costs to members: £195 + vat
Costs: £250 + vat
Location: Ground Floor, Wates House, Wallington Hill, Fareham, Hampshire, PO16 7BJ