13 February 2019
Time: 7:30am – 10:30am
Hampshire Chamber of Commerce in association with the Export Control Joint Unit (ECJU) and Trethowans LLP is organising a breakfast awareness workshop on Wednesday 13th February 2019.
The workshop will look at:
1. Background to Controls – explaining the controls, the legislation, goods and technology that are controlled, types of activities that are controlled, the key Control Lists, the main activities and end use controls.
2. Types of licences available to exporters, the differences between them, the problems ECO experience when handling licence applications, the licencing process and the Criteria we have to follow when considering licences
3. Compliance – why we visit companies who use open licences, explain what to expect at visits, the problems we come across on such visits and guidance on best practice
4. Open Licence Exercise’s – Attendees get opportunity to look at scenarios and consider whether a particular licence could be used or not
5. Open Q&A, which concludes with the two compliance officers being present providing a 1:1 surgery for attendees specific questions.
To secure your place or if you have any questions please call Jackie Highmore on tel 01329 820881 or email email@example.com
Costs to members: Member £18.00 inc VAT
Costs: Non-Member £18.00 inc VAT
Location: Trethowans LLP, The Pavilion, Botleigh Grange Business Park, Hedge End, Southampton SO30 2AF
The Chamber operates a strict 7 working day cancellation policy. All cancellations must be notified in writing within the required period to qualify for a refund. You may however substitute names up to 24 hours prior to the event.