I would like to say a big thank you for all the support that we have received from the Chamber. David has been so helpful and knowledgeable. This is a big project for us so it has been important to provide our end client with the correct documentation. So far so good. There is some way to go yet.
Best regards Colin Brooks Design & Projects
- "I found the "How to Unlock the Growth Potential of Your Business" Goldman Sachs event hosted by the Hampshire Chamber of Commerce at Chilworth Manor Hotel to be highly informative, interesting, and intriguing! At the end of the session there was an opportunity to speak with an ambassador of the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses who has previously graduated from the programme. Following the event I have been looking into the programme and will definitely be applying for the next cohort, having been inspired by the speakers at the HCC event." Nikki, Rees Leisure
- ‘Recently I have signed my business up to become a Hampshire Chamber of Commerce member. We joined the Chamber as it is a trusted body within the business industry. The Chamber organises some fantastic networking meeting, training and events for local businesses. I believe the support of the Chamber will help us to grow our business.' - Debbie Loveridge, Owner of Perpetual Flowers
- As members of the Hampshire Chamber, we have really just started using our membership to our advantage and started networking to high light our presence in the market place and work with other businesses. I would just like to say thank you to the team and yourself for making the networking events very well structured and also very friendly. Starting off was a rather daunting process of being new to the group and which event to choose from and who would I meet, this has now turned into a really good way of pushing our Brand Awareness and meeting new associates , with the help and advice from the Chamber directing us to the right events. Attending the Andover Pure Networking event was a really good meeting for me as it was run in an agenda format and gave everyone a chance to pitch and join up with the audience of people they wanted to talk further with. I have also attended the larger event at St Marys Stadium and the Launch of the Winchester Business Excellence Awards. Also being associated with The Test Valley Groups including Romsey and Stockbridge has been very useful. I look forward to the next events where our networking will grow and new contacts will be made further, Samantha Cleal, Croma Locksmiths & Security Solutions
- Another great event by the Chamber - it definitely works to make people swap places to enhance the networking at a lunch. Thank you to River Cottage as they were brilliantly attentive to my dietary requirements and I certainly had a delicious meal. It reignited my love of River Cottage! The Bid information was most useful to those not in the right places to know what is going on in Winchester towards its enhancement.Thank you. Gina Peters, Dutton Gregory
- Just wanted to thank you and the Chamber team for an excellent lunch at the Royal Hotel in Winchester yesterday. I really thought getting to hear Ben Broadbent speak was a privilege and I thought his take on the economy and the referendum was very interesting. Please pass on my thanks to Stewart for hosting such a good event and to all the Chamber team for your hospitality. Much appreciate Gareth Roberts, Managing Director, Bishops Printers
- I have to admit I have not been to a Chamber event for quite some years, but I will certainly be looking to attend more after attending today. It was a great venue and a lovely lunch with an excellent topic and speaker. It may just have done enough to make me take the time to get to grips with the social media platforms my company does use and how well we can tap into it for my own area of law. It was also a pleasure as always to meet different business people. Thank you for organising it so well and for the tasty catering (although I appreciate that the food is down to the Hotel!). Very enjoyable. Gina Peters, Senior Solicitor, Dutton Gregory
- 'The April Meet the Chamber Business Exhibition at St Mary's came at a great time for Solent Medical Skills. As well as making some great new contacts, we had many suggestions of new directions we could take our business in, based on our core expertise in emergency medicine. Several people asked if we could provide event medical cover. We were not serving this market at that point. Since then we it has become a significant element of the business. We're proud to have provided event medics for high profile South Coast events including Testland Support Project's world record beating football match and the 2015 YMCA Young Carers Festival for 1300 youngsters. Thank you to the Chamber and its members for giving our business such great growth impetus. Thanks also for the suggestion that Lucy might provide a short session on networking skills at the 'Afternoon tea' at Southampton Yacht Club on 9 July. We met quite a few people yesterday who told us they were nervous about business networking and felt under stress - and also this would be a great opportunity to raise our profile. Martin Wyness, Director, Solent Medical Skills
As we all said on the night, I think this is one of the nicest events I have been too with the chamber. The number of people was just right for the event as gave us all plenty of time to network and admire the amazing show gardens produced by Hambrook’s. The food was lovely from LUSH catering with no queue as tables were invited up one at a time. Please pass on my sincere thanks to all involved and look forward to the next one! Wendy Savage, Community Fundraiser, Marie Curie
- I just wanted to say a huge thank you for organising the event at Hambrooks last week. I have known Norman Hambrook from Hampshire Chamber events for a few years and it was lovely to catch up with him again. It was obvious from the moment we arrived that all his staff love working there and it was a real family atmosphere with all his employees.
- Thank you for today's networking event, it was hugely entertaining and enjoyable and I certainly never expected to be making my own (virgin) cocktail at a business meet-up! The atmosphere was relaxed and welcoming, the venue was inspired and very friendly, the attendees open and keen to chat. I would highly recommend joining Hampshire Chamber of Commerce to any local companies, as a fledgling business I couldn't have felt more at ease. Thank you. Rebecca Fitzgerald, Strawberry Social
- I would like to take this opportunity, on behalf of Ben Turner and myself, to thank you for your kind invitation and to say how much we both enjoyed the evening. Superb venue, great inspirational speaker, good company and top class food. You should be very pleased with yourselves for organising such a great event. Well done to one and all. Norman - Hambrook
- I'd also like to take this opportunity to say how impressed I have been with all the Chamber events I have attended since I joined last month. The organisation has been flawless, the staffing has been friendly and the events are always well attended. I'm confident that our business will benefit from the connections I am making and I will be recommending membership to others. Sam Piper, Dale Carnegie Training
- I just wanted to give you some positive feedback about your bulletins that I take a few moments to look through each month. The one attached had a section relating to low cost loans for business, and came through at a time when we were having huge difficulty with our bank, HSBC, when attempting to fund our move to a new facility this year. I contacted through the links provided and Richard Hall came back to me, setting up a meeting with Mike Battersby. Well, a long story short, but we have just secured funding with Charles Bazlinton and Professor Richard Werner – two really nice chaps – and we are full steam ahead to move in a few months and take our family business to the next level. It goes to show what can be achieved through local support for business, something central government I’m sure could learn a little more about. But I just wanted to pass on my personal thanks for introduction! We’ll keep you posted on the move as our plans are quite special in terms of design, and we’ll send you an invitation to have a browse once its completed.
Ross Negus,Managing Director, Southampton Freight Services Ltd
- Please pass on my thanks and congratulations to the team for organising one of the best and meaningful events I have attended. To be able to meet so many members on a one to one basis in a relatively short space of time is exactly what I wanted to do. See you at the next one!
Martin Oakley, Regional Director, Leaseline
- Many thanks for the dinner last night; very entertaining and informative. I loved the venue; I had not been there before but can see myself returning at some point. Cathy’s presentation was also interesting to see how the LEP have progressed from when she presented at Chineham Business Park around two years ago.
Marc Roberts, Imtech Traffic and Infra
Natalie Hutchins, The Sailors Society
- The Chamber of Commerce has helped me to efficiently network within Hampshire and raise the profile of our organisation. The events are always efficiently organised, imaginative and the staff are welcoming.
- “Well done to all the team at HCC on organising the recent event entitled Talking Business Conference. As with previous HCC events, it was well attended and organised. I recently joined the Chamber earlier this year and have found the events I have attended most useful, not only in their content, but also the introduction to new contacts”.
Mark Kelly, Sales Manager, Clipper Ventures
Tomasz Dyl, Managing Director, GottaBe!
- "I am very happy member of Hampshire Chamber of Commerce, not only GottaBe! has been able to grow our client base as we did business with fellow members but also saved few hundred of pounds, thanks to discounts offered as part of the memberships on private medical cover, fuel card and legal costs. Being a part of the Chamber is fun and cost effective. Highly recommended"
Gavin Hall, Savills
- Savills is and has been for numerous years a strong supporter of the Hampshire Chamber of Commerce, and in its previous guise as the Southampton and Fareham Chamber of Commerce. The office makes the most of the various events, networking and opportunities to engage with political leaders and influencers that are invited to speak at events throughout the year. In particular, we have been represented on the Planning and Transport Committee and enjoy not only taking part in this, but adding something back into the Chamber and assisting everyone to grow the region’s commercial and competitive advantage. The Committee has been a strong influencer in gaining funding for the region and influencing policy statements at all level of government.”
- My thanks to you and the rest of the Chamber team involved in putting on such a great event yesterday. Myself and Rachael thought it was a great success – well organised, engaging speakers, healthy attendance levels. Excellent! I especially enjoyed the presentations by Sarah Brooks, who I thought was inspiring, and Paul Thomas, who also has a fascinating story and great passion about his business.
Gareth Roberts, Managing Director, Bishops Printers
- A quick note to say a big 'thank you' for yesterday. I had a really interesting time and made some great contacts.
I'm already a chamber fan but I'll be promoting you even more now…
Gordon Thornton TM TAX LIMITED
- We are enjoying being in the Chamber and as well as networking have enjoyed trips to The Warrior and Danebury Vineyard, so you guys are doing a great job.
Thank you for organising yesterday's lunch for the Investment Review Board team. Very pleasant surprise, enjoyable lunch and great networking/conversations. Topped by the best visit I've enjoyed to the Boat Show in many years. My son, his friend and I were able to go on board all the boats we wanted to see, no queues, relaxed staff on the stands, and all in glorious weather ! Great day overall.
I joined the Chamber last year and have really enjoyed being part of a great network of businesses, both start up and those that are more established. I have been impressed by the events that I have attended so far, (including lunch on the stage at the Winchester Theatre), and feel that they are good value for money.
The contacts I have met through the Chamber have really helped develop my business. I have also used the other services of my membership such as the magazine articles. I would recommend joining the chamber.
Helen, Orchid Digital
- “We would wish to thank HCC & your team for the Opportunity of attending Meet the Buyer last Thursday . We have been successful with 2 contacts already with New Forest DC who meet with yesterday and are submitting a tender to for there annual tooling contract, we also have been contacted by Esso/Exxon to look at opportunities on tooling requirements for them. Again thank you all at HCC”
Eddie Henry, Power Tool Sales
- I thought that it was a really good event, and one to repeat. Wonderful planetarium presentation, decent breakfast and two good contacts. What’s not to like!
Antony Fanshawe,Director, FPN Chartered Accountants
- "Well done to you and the team for organising another successful lunch. I have been to 3 lunches over the past few months and have made good contacts at each. At the first, I met a company that has now sponsored CPRE, at the next I met someone who is now helping us with a project and another from whom I am about to purchase some business. Of the people I met today, two have potential and only time will tell if anything comes of it - but no-matter what - it beats cold calling either by phone, email or snail mail because I have met the individuals and have a shared need or concern."
Michael Rescorle,Director, CPRE Hampshire
- "I just wanted to drop you a note to say thanks to you and your team for putting on such a magnificent Meet the Buyer event. In the 7 years I have owned my Design & Print business I can honestly say I have not spent a more productive day working on Sales and Marketing than today. To have so many of my target audience sat in the same room, there to be engaged on a one-to-one basis is an absolute dream come true…almost too good to be true!
I have walked away today having met key buying contacts in 6 Borough Councils, 6 large corporations and also 2 companies that have been on my prospect list for years, to have gotten those appointments outside of this event would be unheard of. You have done your match making part of the deal perfectly…now it is down to me to take the relationships further! Thank you once again and please, please, pass on my thanks to your team…good job done all round."
Mark Warner, Director, Headline Design & Print
- More feedback from our free socialmedia training via One2Create "I learnt more in 1 hour than I did in a paid half day training course!"
I just wanted to say thank you for all your support, and for allowing us to put on all Fairtrade refreshments at the recent Chambers event. You and your team ran the event beautifully - it was a lovely venue, everything was organised really well, you were friendly, helpful and calm, and I thoroughly enjoyed it and met lots of interesting people. I thought it was a very useful event for Hampshire Fairtrade Network to attend - indeed already someone has been in touch having looked into their Fairtrade practices, so that is extremely encouraging!
Jill Gibson, Hampshire Fair Trade Network
- "I am now registered and logged in to the Chambers Business care pages and I must say, I am impressed. Thanks for your trouble."
Roy Rees, Decision Driving UK
- "The Hampshire Chamber Conference - What a brilliant event - the speakers were awesome! I know how much hard work goes into these events and you and your team were brilliant. Hope you are feeling justifiably proud!"
Lou Williams, New Brand Experience
- "As you know, it was announced on Monday that our Platform for Prosperity Round 2 RGF bid for has been successful. This is fantastic news for the city and the port. I’d just like to thank you for all your hard work pulling together support from Hampshire Chamber members."
Phil Marshall, Strategic Transport Planner, Southampton City Council
- "Just wanted to feedback that this morning’s meeting was excellent. So well organised and so friendly. I made some really useful contacts and thoroughly enjoyed hearing from Maria Miller MP. This is the first time I have had the opportunity of listening to her and I found her very inspirational. I have to say the COC is the best networking event that I attend."
Elaine Ward, St. Michael's Hospice (North Hampshire)
"I met Roger Vivian from Viking Cars at your Summer BBQ event and we got talking as you do. We didn't have anybody doing our runs to the Train station so have set this up and whenever we have a need for taxi from our office with give Viking Cars a call and they have always been prompt, friendly and efficient. They also do runs to the Airports which is fantastic. We kept in touch and sent a couple of Insurance articles through including one about a Taxi product that might have been of interest come renewal.
Roger contacted me in need of assistance on his renewal as his current Brokers were struggling to find him something palatable following his Insurers decision to come out of the Taxi Insurance sector altogether. Following a meeting to discuss needs, information and very quick turnaround required we were very pleased to be able to provide cover that was wider than what he had before or was being offered, was more flexible and over £6,000 cheaper.
A good result all round and one that almost certainly would not have happened had we not met and exchanged details at your event."
Iain Morrison, Bluefin